At The Middlefield Banking Company, we use a variety of technologies and techniques to help ensure that our products and services are secure. You should protect yourself too by making an effort to control risks when you use your personal computer or conduct business online.
Here are some of the steps you can take:
- Do what you can to prevent unauthorized people from using your personal computer.
- Log off or lock your workstation whenever you leave your computer.
- Change your passwords often. Be sure to choose passwords that are hard for others to guess.
- Don't give your passwords to anyone. And don't record your passwords in an easy-to-find place.
- If you notice suspicious activity in your accounts, report it immediately to the appropriate parties.
- Install, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and other internet security software on your computer. Use it regularly and keep it up-to-date.
- Be leery of e-mails you received from people you don't know, and don't open any attachments they may contain. When in doubt, delete the message without opening it.
- Take advantage of your computer's security features.
- Make sure your browser uses the strongest encryption available and be aware of the encryption levels of the sites and applications you use.
- Use only software from reliable vendors
Visit Online Security Tips for You for more information. And, see some of our other links to help you protect yourself and your money in today's challenging environment.
Protect your identity and accounts
Learn more about what The Middlefield Bank does to provide a superior online experience while respecting your privacy.